Preparing to Sell Your Calgary Home
Calgary Home Staging Tips
It is important to make sure that your home is presented to its best possible advantage. When buyers go through your Calgary home they are looking at every detail, so give them what they want - Perfection! Here’s where to start when it comes to Calgary home staging:
- Make sure that your home is squeaky clean. Don’t forget walls, baseboards, stairs, ceiling fans, light fixtures and those hard to reach areas
- Get rid of all odours, buyers notice the smells created by pets, smoking, garbage, and diapers. Also beware that the scent created by some air fresheners can be overwhelming and cause buyers to wonder if they are being used to cover up an offensive odour.
- Remove clutter from countertops, cabinets and closets
- A fresh coat of paint can be a great investment, just make sure to keep the colours neutral and inviting. Consider painting when there are chips in your wall or your current colour is faded or unusual.
This is a buyer’s first impression; make it a good one.
- Keep walkways shoveled or swept
- Grass should be mowed and trimmed
- Trees and shrubs should be trimmed and cut back if they cover walkways or steps or the front entry
- All debris should be removed
- Repair broken or damaged fencing & decking
- Paint or touch up worn or weathered trim
- Consider placing flowers, planters or a wreath at the front door to add interest
- Move furniture to best display a room’s size and intended use
- Remove furniture that appears too large for a space or furniture that has been well used and is showing its age
- Limit the number of pictures, knick-knacks, and other collectibles; clean, uncluttered surfaces and walls make a space appear larger
- Replace burnt out light bulbs
- Repair or replace leaking faucets
Interested in more information about staging your home?
Krista & Michael Kehoe can show you how to prepare your Calgary home for sale. Contact them at 403.253.7774 for a free consultation!Contact Krista & Michael
Disclaimer: Information herein deemed reliable but not guaranteed by CREB®.
Listing information last updated on January 26th, 2020 at 8:45pm MST.